Joining a professional body such as the Middle East Acoustic Society is a great way to make some useful contacts, give yourself the best professional opportunities and make an impact on your career.
If you would like to become a member of the Middle East Acoustic Society, please read the information on this page which is important to ensure a successful application.
Honorary Membership for a prescribed period of time or a Citation may be conferred upon a Member of the Society or an individual in recognition of service and contribution to acoustics and to the standing and welfare of acoustical firms.
Membership at Member grade may be granted to consultancies or firms structured as: (a) Sole Practitioners (b) Partnerships (c) Incorporated companies (d) Separated and distinct groups or divisions of partnerships or companies (e) Such other structure as is acceptable to the Society
Election to membership shall take place in the following manner:
- The applicant for membership shall present the qualification held and particulars of relevant experience to the Society.
- The Executive Committee of the Society shall; if satisfied with the applicant's qualifications, experience and professional conduct; advise all members of the Society of the applicant's application. So that existing members can make an informed decision, a copy of the applicant's application shall be forwarded to such existing members as request a copy from the secretary.
- If within 30 calendar days of this advice no objection has been received from the Members of the Society, the applicant shall be deemed to be a Member of the Society within such category of membership as shall have been determined and subject to the payment of appropriate dues and joining fees.
- Should there be an objection, the Chairman and one other member of the Executive committee appointed by that committee shall hear the objector or a representative of objectors to elicit the nature of the objection. The Chairman shall then advise the Executive Committee of the nature of the objection and that Committee shall reconsider the application. If the Committee is then satisfied with the applicant's qualifications, experience and professional conduct, then the applicant shall be deemed to be a Member of the Society within such category of membership as shall have been determined and subject to the payment of appropriate dues and joining fees.
- The Society reserves the right to give no reason for its decision.
What to do next...
To apply for Membership of the Middle East Acoustic Society, the first thing you need to do is download the Membership Application Form and the Code of Ethics document. You will also need to read the membership requirements of the Constitution of the Middle East Acoustic Society.
You should complete the Membership Application Form, get it signed by the appropriate MEAS members and return it, along with a signed copy of the Code of Ethics document (and your educational certificates and a CPD report, if required) to the Middle East Acoustic Society Secretary, click here for details.